Please help me find the proper pillow , should I call during the week ?
I am presently seeing a chiropractor but she will not recommend a pillow .
I have a bulging disc in neck and stenosis between shoulders. Just very recently I started waking up with a lot of neck pain . It feels like a pulled muscle but as the day goes on it gets some better . The chiro has adjusted me once for this as it just started last week . I'm also using bio freeze to help . The right side of my neck , shoulder and the dr said my trapezius is causing the pain . I'm not sure what started it but I dread going to bed . I have purchased several different pillows from the store and each one seems to make it worse . I already suffer with lower back pain and siatica I don't need these going on as well . The whole right side of my neck hurts and it's difficult to turn my neck to the left . I've been doing the stretches I found on your website , thanks so much .
Oh , I am a side sleeper and a lefty so I tend to sleep on my left side but the right side of my neck is killing me .
I would appreciate any suggestions please. Thank you
Thank you for your email. I would recommend our arc4life traction pillow.
That is the link so you can look at this pillow. I am going to recommend this pillow specifically because it has a traction "V" side. This part of the pillow will specifically help the bulging disc. You can use the pillow two ways:
- For sleeping: sleep on either the support side or the traction side. The support side is softer, and this might work better for you in the beginning. Don't sleep on the pillow the entire night. Start with 10-15 min. If the pillow contours bother you, change back to the pillow you are using regularly. With the traction pillow you can sleep on your side or on your back. Right side or left side - the pillow will work for both sides.
- For Use During the Day: Just lay on the pillow during the day for 10 minutes to start. On your Back. On the Traction V Side. This will give you gentle neck traction. Set a timer for this. Continue this regularly, at least once a day. You can gradually increase your time doing this gentle manual traction.
Also, I would like to recommend the right size to you. Can you send me your height and weight please? I will recommend the small, medium or large size for you.
[Customer did email us back and stated that she is 5’6 and weighs 160 lbs- In this case a medium standard size neck pillow will work well for this patient. The medium size is 24”x17”]
It’s great that you are seeing a chiropractor. One of the reasons she may not be recommending a pillow to you is because you are in the acute phase of care. That is why i mentioned to you to gradually start using the pillow.
You can use this as a heating pad or as a cold pack. This will help the muscles of the neck and shoulders. Please email us for any further questions. Thanks
- Natural Pain Relief for a Patient with Headaches and Neck Pain
- Heating Pads you can Plug in for sustained heat
- Pain and muscle spasm relief with a trapezius stretch
- Relief of Stiffness and Achiness in the Neck: Pillow Advice Needed