If you have been experiencing difficulty getting to bed, falling asleep and staying asleep I have 6 tips for you. Here are 6 things you should avoid right before bedtime.
- Avoid Working Out right before bed. Vigorous exercise just before bed can make it hard to fall asleep.It stimulates the heart, brain and muscles and increases your body temperature. Exercise during the morning and early afternoon is the best method to help you sleep at night.My 5 year old loves to run around the house at times, circling around. Avoid this right before bed. You want your heart rate to relax,not be racing.
- Avoid Drinking too much water. Too much water means your sleep is going to be interrupted because you will have to get up and go to the bathroom.
- Avoid drinking caffeine right before bed. Right along with that, avoid dark chocolate too.
- Avoid your digital devices just before bed. Really, put them away. Studies have shown that this can interrupt your body's production of melatonin.
- Avoid Computer work. This includes emailing people and surfing the net. I know this is a hobby for many but really avoid it at bed time.
- Avoid drinking alcohol before bed. Alcohol interrupts our deep sleep mechanisms: REM Sleep. Yes, it can make you drowsy but it will interrupt your deepest sleep.