You need to choose the best cervical traction unit for your nagging neck pain and right hand numbness. Which unit do you choose? There are so many cervical traction units to choose from. First, lets start with what exactly does neck traction do?
- it restores the normal position of the spine
- it widens the intervertebral space - which is the space between each of the bones in the neck
- it decreases pressure on the spinal cord and the nerve root
- helps to reduce muscle spasms of the neck and shoulder muscles
- it increases blood circulation, joint flexibility and muscle strength
- it increases your neck range of motion.
Here is a great video demonstration on how the posture pump cervical device works:
In Part II of this blog post, we will look at what criteria to look for when purchasing a new traction unit. Also I will demonstrate how to use a Pronex Cervical Traction Unit, a popular neck tractioning device often recommended by chiropractors.